Shan-Tai prayer month, day 28
Many Shan Christians attend churches that are not based upon Shan culture but rather the culture of the missionary(s) who planted the church. This leaves some Shan Christians feeling ambivalent about church and really wanting to embrace their own culture but unsure if this is permissible. There is an urgent need for churches that are distinctly Shan.
- God to show the Shan that they too can worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:23).
- The Gospel to be presented in culturally appropriate ways so the Shan will realize they can believe in Jesus and still continue to be who God created them to be (Mark 10:45).
- Burma: The Land of Broken Dreams (New Internationalist)
- Cyclone Giri flattens coastal towns
- Cyclone deaths top 100 as US pledges aid
Tags: Shan prayer 2010