There are a finite number of hours in my life, and only a limited number of books that I can read. Realistically, I can easily read one book per month; 12 books per year; 396 books before I am 70.
In choosing books to read, try to aim for literature that will enrich my soul – opt for quality rather than quantity.
- Getting Things Done: the Art of Stress Free Productivity by David Allen. Finished January 2008. (2001) ISBN 0-14-200028-0. This is probably the first productivity book to have truly changed the way I approach managing my work (and been effective).
- Future Grace by John Piper. Finished February 2008. ISBN 1-59052-191-9.
- Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper. Finished March 2008. ISBN 1-877178-00-4
- The Dip by Seth Godin. Finished April 2008. ISBN 978-0-7499-2830-8.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. Finished April 2008. ISBN 1-86350-029-4
- Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis. Finished May 2008. ISBN 0-00-628054-4
- Getting Unstuck by Timothy Butler. Finished May 2008. ISBN-13: 978-1-4221-0225-1
- Closer Than Your Skin by Susan D. Hill Finished June 2008 ISBN 978-1-4000-7382-5
- Stress Less by Averil Overton Finished June 2008 ISBN 1-86941-671-6
- Simplicity by Edward De Bono Finished June 2008
- Nonviolent Communication by Marshall B. Rosenberg Finished July 2008 ISBN 1-892005-02-6
- The Now Habit by Neil Fiore Finished July 2008 ISBN 987-1-58542-552-5
- Meditation in a New York Minute by Mark Thornton Finished July 2008 ISBN 1-59179-429-3. The first half of this book has some ideas which could apply to prayer, but fundamentally I disagree with what the author is saying.
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching by John Piper Finished August 2008 ISBN 0-8010-7112-7. A book well worth reading again.
- George Müller, Delighted in God by Roger Steer Finished September 2008 ISBN 0-340-26709-7. I am very impressed by the life of George Müller and would like to read more about him, especially what he wrote himself.
- Grace Abounding To the Chief of Sinners by John Bunyan Finished October 2008
- Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan Finished November 2008 ISBN 1-85326-468-7